tagsoup.org

Fitting new front speakers to a 1967 Ford Mustang coupe

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My car's old, and I like that. However I've never had any problem with the modernising of old things, as long as it's done subtly, so when I realised I couldn't hear my rear speakers at 70mph, and that the original single central speaker just wasn't going to cut it (even if I got it working) it was time to get chopping:

  1. Before I started:
    Before
  2. Spray the new speaker covers (but not the cones of course). Two coats should do it:
    Spray
  3. Chop the requisite holes in the side panels as shown. Make sure the drivers side hole is far enough forward that the large bundle of wires that side doesn't get in the way of the back of the cone:
    Chop
  4. Assemble it all:
    Screw
  5. Finished!:
    After

Labels: , ,

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

If you liked this, you might also like: hampson.org.uk