I like GTD. I use my task list well, and review regularly. However occasionally I want to be reminded of a task in a very specific location, or at a very specific time.
Below are a list of examples, and the tactics I've developed to trigger a reminder.
- leave something on the floor by the front door to be reminded when you leave the house
- take a key off your keyring and leave it loose in your pocket/bag to be reminded when you get home or when you go to drive somewhere
- turn the alarm clock around, or put it on the floor to be reminded when you wake up
- take a digital photo of something odd or oddly mundane (a fork, finger, foot) to be reminded when you're in front of a computer (syncing the photos)
- slip something extra alongside your bookmark to be reminded when you have some spare time
In summary: Think of where you'd like to be reminded and change something in that location to be out of the ordinary.
Labels: Getting Things Done, GTD, memory, reminders
0 Comments |
Back Links |